Background

Friday, January 20, 2012

My Friday

My husband was supposed to be on vacation during Christmas, but alas, he took calls and meetings.  So he arranged to take today as a day of vacation and we drove to the 2012 Tucson guild quilt show.  It was a very nice show.  There were some amazing quilts.   I'd post pictures, but I don't want to spoil it for people who are going but haven't been. 

**AND YOU'D BE SO PROUD OF ME...I DIDN'T BUY ANY FABRIC**

Deep down inside, that's just so wrong!  But now it's Day 20 of 365 with no fabric purchase.   I did buy rotary cutter blades~~5 for $23.  I thought a very good deal. 

Tonight I'm pressing the inner border fabric for "Lemon Zest".  But first, I cleaned my iron. It sure was dirty and boy did it smoke.  Good thing I did it in the kitchen by the stove and the ventilation hood.  But now it's shiny and looks kinda like new!  It's a Rowenta steam generator.  I just love it.

Happy sewing.

1 comment:

Kath Garvey said...

Hi Steph , your blog looks great. Good luck with no fabric buying. I am trying to cut back. Just trying to buy only backing fabrics for my quilts . But oh boy do I love fabric.