Background

Sunday, March 04, 2012

Ack

It's been quite the week...or at least the last few days. 

I wanted a turkey...to eat...not take care of. 
So I went to the grocery stores and couldn't find one in the brand that I like so I ended up getting a store brand one.  I'm cooking it today and let me tell you, so far I'm not impressed.  The inside of it was so unclean and it still had some small feathers in it.  So I washed it out VERY well and took a pliers and plucked out the feathers.  I'm a little apprehensive about how it's going to turn out.  But we'll see in another 4-5 hours.

Mid-morning on Friday, my sister called and said that my mother's last living sibling had died the hour before.  I feel lost; empty.  I grew up with him.  He was a part of our lives.  He lived in the same town and was over at our house alot.  We went over to his family's house alot.  He was always funny and so nice to us all.  I'll miss you, Uncle Bern.  I want to go to the services, but ticket prices are so outrageous, I just can't get there.  But I'll keep trying.

Later that same day, Friday, I was walking on our tile floor to the garage to get a can of pop.  I slipped on the tile and went down...hard...on my left knee and hip.  I don't remember falling, but the pain was excrutiating.  It was funny...my cats came around me while I was down...they were pacing around me.  They looked very worried.  I've been in alot of pain since then.  Still moving around though, but slowly.  Knee is very colorful and has a big goose egg.  Pretty.  And my left back/side is very sore...wrenched it badly.  But Advil is helping during the day and some hydrocodone at bedtime lets me sleep. 

No comments: