Background

Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Major Milestone - Sylvia's Bridal Sampler

I have just reached a major milestone in my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler quilt.  I started it on April 16, 2009 with a large group of ladies.  We were to do a random block every week.  The "cheerleader" sent us an e-mail with which block to make and tips to make it.  The e-mails stopped in February, 2012. Several have finished; most haven't. 

There are 140 blocks, finished to 6" each.  I have completed 100 blocks; 40 left to do.  Anyway~~~~~~
 
I HAVE COMPLETELY SEWN HALF OF THE QUILT!
 
I am so excited I can hardly stand it.  It really is pretty.  My husband usually just says "that's nice".  But tonight he said "Wow...that's really pretty.  Very nice."  All of it is scraps except for the sashing, cornerstones (pink) and the back~~it will be plain muslin. 
 
Please leave a comment.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is totally awesome ~ what a wonderful talent to have!

Debbie said...

I finished my Sylvia just last month and it is on my bed took me 2 years!

Cathy Tomm said...

Beautiful, keep going.

Linda in Arkansas said...

I'm so proud of you! This really is quite an accomplishment. And just beautiful!

~Kris~ said...

Having worked on a Dear Jane quilt for a long time, I know a quilt of this size and complexity can seem daunting. Congratulations on your progress to date. Your quilt is really lovely. Isn't it great that your husband noticed? I look forward to seeing your progress.

Glenda said...

Well you really do deserve a HUGH tick for persistence, I know that around the world 100's of quilters have started these types of quilts I'm one of them I dream of making a Dear Jane: but very few actually end up been finished, you are on a roll and if you have done 1/2 you WILL finish it. Love the colours. Again congratulations you should be so proud. Cheers Glenda www.patchworkdreams.com.au from Down Under

Anonymous said...

Lovely, Stephanie. I'm having fun looking at all your pix.