Background

Sunday, July 01, 2012

Stash report - Week 27


Yds used this past Week 6/24/2012 0
Yds used year to Date 26
Yds added this Week 4
Yds added Year to Date 8
Yds net Used for 2012 -22


OK...so I added some more fabric.  I was in CA on my yearly retreat and I needed more shirtings for a quilt I'm working on.  I couldn't go any further because I ran out.  What was I supposed to do?  I want to finish this quilt!  Here is a picture of the block.  I just love it.


I stayed at my friend's house before and after the retreat.  I have my own little room, the dog comes and visits me there, we get to eat outside, good food, lovely wine.  Doesn't get much better than that.

The retreat was at Sonoma State University.  It's always quite lovely there.  We have a routine:  leave around 10:00 am, stop at Quilted Angel quilt shop in Petaluma, go to a fish and chips restaurant in Santa Rosa for lunch, then on to the retreat.  We get there just in time to get into the rooms.  Then nothing but sewing, laughing, and having a good time for 3.5 days.  I really miss these women.  Moving is so hard and now I'm going thru the "breaking away" stage.  I'm beginning to feel left out.  I know this is a natural progression of moving, but I still feel bad.  But my group still Skype sews with me once a month and that's good.  So someone will have to come here for a visit or I just wait and bear until next year's retreat to see them in person!

Please leave a comment!  Happy Sunday~~first day of July.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a lovely retreat this year, especially the weather staying cool. This block is only one thing you worked on at the retreat! You were a busy bee!

Miss you!

Glenda